Is Honaker Boys that good or was Central just not playing up to par?
BOYS
Region D Div. 2
Quarterfinals
Gate City 67 John Battle 33
Virginia High 60 Lebanon 51
Union 60 Lee High 34
Honaker 81 Central (Wise) 44
Friday, Feb. 24, at Castlewood
Semifinals
Gate City vs. Virginia High, 6 p.m.
Union vs. Honaker, 7:30 p.m.
Region D Div. 1
Quarterfinals
Twin Springs 65 Clintwood 25
Castlewood 71 Thomas Walker 57
J.I. Burton 66 Haysi 55
Hurley 60 Twin Valley 37
Friday, Feb. 24, at Lebanon
Semifinals
Hurley vs. J.I. Burton, 6 p.m.
Castlewood vs. Twin Springs, 7:30 p.m.
GIRLS
Region D Div. 2
Quarterfinals
Central (Wise) 52 Lebanon 48
Virginia High 47 Grundy 44
Gate City 75 John Battle 57
Lee High 58 Eastside 42
Thursday, Feb. 23, at Castlewood
Semifinals
Central (Wise) vs. Virginia High, 6 p.m.
Gate City vs. Lee High, 7:30 p.m.
Region D Div. 1
Quarterfinals
Castlewood 64 Rye Cove 20
Twin Valley 75 Hurley 50
J.I. Burton 51 Clintwood 44 OT
Haysi 58 Thomas Walker 49
Thursday, Feb. 23, at Lebanon
Semifinals
Haysi vs. Twin Valley, 6 p.m.
Castlewood vs. J.I. Burton, 7:30 p.m.
Last edited by beamer_ball; February 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
Is Honaker Boys that good or was Central just not playing up to par?
Central is terrrrrrrrrribbbblleeeeeeeee man!
From the looks of it, its gonna be a Union/Gatecity regional final more than likely. That should be a good game. Gatecity beat Union regular season but I cant remember the score. Either way, should be one heck of a game!
Union and Gate City have not played. Honaker will be a tough match up, a school from Big Stone has not played in a regional basketball final since the '90's.
[img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]
I thought a team around 02 or so made it to the substate at PV?
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Not that I recall.
[img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]
Julius and Josh Warren's senior year? They lost to Haysi in the regional finals. Kory Bostic went nuts in that game. Julius had a shot to win it at the buzzer. The ball was halfway down and rimmed out.
That's the game I remember, it was played at Clintwood. '99 was the year if I remember correctly. Geez, I'm getting old.
[img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]
I guess thats why I couldnt recall the score of Gatecity and Union haha. Id love to See Union make to the finals and play Gatecity. JMO but I think that would be a killer game to see
Bookmarks